Welcome back letter to our patients
We have been thinking about you and hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. Everyone has been through a lot and is ready to start normal routines again. Our office is schedule to return to routine schedule on 5/29/2020. As we welcome you back to our office, we want to reassure you that your safe treatment here is our number one goal.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Patients will receive a confirmation call 24 hours in advance.We must speak with all patients prior to your appointment to do the COVID screening. If we do not speak with you by 2pm the day prior, your appointment will be canceled.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as we as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We ask that everyone who enters the office wear a face covering or mask. Due to shortage of supply, we are unable to provide one for you on site. Without facial covering, you will not be allowed to enter the building. We will help you reschedule to a later time.
- No visitor or accompany is allowed to be in the building except for minor patients that absolutely needs a guardian. Group of large family may be divided into smaller group to enter the building.
- We will take your temperature with Medical grade touchless forehead scan prior to entering the building. If you have signs of coughing or fever higher than 100.4 F, we will refer you for care and reschedule the appointment to a later date. We encourage you to take temperature prior to leaving your house to avoid unnecessary travel. We will be glad to help you reschedule if you are not well.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. Our staff will be following patients and sanitize anything they touched upon their departure. Therefore, we kindly ask you to refrain from touching anything unless it is absolutely necessary.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Due to the number of PPE's our staff needs to wear our office will be a lot colder then normal. Please bring a jacket or blanket for yourself.
- We will be changing our outer attires after every patient/family we seen, not only mask and shield but also surgical caps and procedure coats/gowns. Our shoes will be protected with silicon wrap and wiped with chemical disinfectant after every patient/family. This may slow down turn over. We ask for your understanding and patience in advance.
- Effective 8/24/2020 code D1999 "COVID PPE" will no longer be charged to patient appointments until government aid is depleted.
-Please note these will be the questions that are asked the day prior to your appointment.
In the past 10 days have you had:
1.Fever and Chills, Cough, Shortness or breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body Aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea?
2.Been in contact with anyone who has any of the above listed symptoms?
3.Have you ever tested for COVID? If so when?
4.Have you been in large public transportation in the past 10 Days?
5.Do you reside or visited a nursing home, senior living center, hospital or other type of group home?
* IF YOU ANWSER YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS WE MAY NEED RESCHEDULE THE APPOINTMENT.PLEASE CONTACT US!*
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 989-832-0112 or visit our website at HassanandLiu.com. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends. Sincerely,
Your dental team, Hassan and Liu